Established for over 28 years, Buildcorp is a highly respected and diverse, integrated commercial construction business. Our service offering spans many disciplines of commercial construction including base building construction, refurbishment, building upgrades, fit-out, remedial building, heavy industrial projects and architectural joinery.
Your Next Opportunity:
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, your role will see you delivering accurate and timely building estimation services on high-end fit-out and structural refurbishment construction projects.
- Have the ability to find the most efficient form of construction and communicate that into trade packages, within a Bill of Quantities (BOQ) including take-offs
- Perform accurate and timely trade break ups of documentation, appropriate trade subcontractor selection lists, and liaise with subcontractors to ensure they have a full understanding of the required scope of works and programme
- Compare and analyse subcontractor pricing and draft the project preliminaries. Analyse risk and use this information to minimise Buildcorp exposure to risk and finalise tender price
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 2 years+ experience in the construction industry
- A tertiary education such as a Degree of Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Diploma of Building, or equivalent trade background and experience
- Experience in the Buildsoft estimating package (or similar) – exposure to the subcontractor comparison modules would be advantageous
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a sense of urgency, and the ability to turnaround work rapidly and accurately
- excellent time management skills
- the ability to work, and thrive, under pressure
- an eye for detail and the ability to think beyond typical construction techniques.
Benefits for You:
On top of joining a supportive and positive culture, you’ll receive:
- Career development customised to you
- Additional paid leave options
- Employee referral bonus
- Access to Rugby tickets in season
We’d love to have you join the team!
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.