Since our inception over 28 years ago, Buildcorp has grown as a construction business founded on family values and collaborative partnerships. Our collaborative culture is the envy of many and our commitment to continual improvement means you’ll be working with the best people, projects, partnerships and processes.
Your Next Opportunity:
Our Interiors –Division (Fitout & Refurbishment) is seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join our leadership team. This individual will fulfil a diverse role and have expertise in strategic commercial management, business development, client engagement and pre-contract bid management.
This senior leadership position will provide oversight and management of the commercial aspects of the division, minimising risks and capitalising upon opportunities. With a proactive, problem-solving mindset the role will mentor and elevate the capability of the team.
You will also be responsible for:
- Buildcorp’s suite of standard subcontract, consultancy, supply agreements and management authorities frameworks
- Leading the overall commercial and financial risk analysis, control and reporting for Senior Management
- Developing and implementing a commercial business plan
- Engaging key internal partners to deliver expected results
- Oversight and management of commercial reviews for the division
- Training and mentoring staff in commercial risk management practices
- Providing advice to management on industry standards and external trends
Benefits for You:
On top of joining a supportive and positive culture, we also offer you:
- Access to personal and financial counselling services
- Additional paid leave options
- Discounted health insurance rates with top industry providers
- A free executive gym membership
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Construction Management/ Engineering/ Commerce or Law
- Demonstrable experience in an equivalent role in a large organisation (5 years +)
- The nouse to negotiate and navigate contractual clauses
- The polish and interpersonal savvy to represent Buildcorp to existing and potential clients
- Demonstrable leadership and mentoring experience
- A keen eye for detail and a proactive and solutions-focused mindset for challenges
- An ability to train and clearly communicate with internal and external partners
- A team-first mindset, ready to provide support as and where it is needed most
- Previous experience in front-end conversion, bid management
- A working knowledge in internal auditing, systems/process improvement and/or change management would be advantageous
- Experience in centralised cost management system(s) eg. Jobpac or equivalent
- A legal background would be advantageous although not essential
If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join the team.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note, recruiter candidates will not be reviewed at this time.