Sydney - GR
Since our inception over 27 years ago, Buildcorp has grown as a construction business founded on family values and collaborative partnerships. Today, Buildcorp consists of four teams, each with their own area of specialisation in the market. Our collaborative culture is the envy of many and our commitment to continual improvement means you'll be working with the best people, projects, partnerships and processes.
Your next opportunity:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this newly created senior position will provide leadership, oversight and management of the commercial aspects of Buildcorp Group, to ensure risks are minimised and opportunities capitalised upon.
In fulfilling this role, you will become the primary driver of improving commercial systems and expertise across the organisation in accordance with best practice. You will also foster a strong culture of continuous improvement and disciplined process excellence in relation to commercial and contractual management across the business.
Your role will also be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and reporting on progress against an annual commercial business plan
- Engaging key internal partners to deliver expected results
- Acting as the custodian of Buildcorp's supplier, subcontractor and consultant engagement processes including agreements, scopes, capability reviews, internal and external recommendations and management authorities frameworks
- Oversight and management of commercial reviews for the Group
- Leading the overall project commercial and financial risk analysis, control and reporting for senior management
- Training and mentoring staff in commercial risk management practices
- Providing advice to management on industry standards and external trends
Benefits for you:
On top of joining a supportive and positive culture, we also offer you:
- The opportunity to give back with our Buildcorp Foundation
- Access to personal and financial counselling services
- Additional paid leave options
- Access to rugby tickets in season
- Discounted health insurance rates with top industry providers
- A free executive gym membership
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in construction management/ engineering/ commerce or law
- Solid experience as a Contracts Manager or more senior role in a large construction organisation (10 years +)
- A high level of experience with design and construct contracts
- A sound understanding of construction insurance requirements
- Experience leading and developing teams to reach their full potential
- The ability to undertake regular east coast travel
- A keen eye for detail and a proactive and solutions-focused mindset for challenges
- An ability to train and clearly communicate with internal and external partners
- A working knowledge in internal auditing, systems/process improvement and/or change management would be advantageous
If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join the team.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.