Since our inception 30 years ago, Buildcorp has grown as a construction business founded on family values and collaborative partnerships. Our success and collaborative culture are the envy of many and our commitment to continual improvement means you’ll be working with the best people, projects, partnerships and processes.
Your next opportunity
Reporting to the Finance Manager & Company secretary, you will be responsible for the subcontractor accounting and administration function involved in lettings, insurances, claims, purchase orders, subcontractor claims and contract valuation agreements for Buildcorp.
Key responsibilities include:
- Enter, check and maintain accurate data on Jobpac including lettings, contract valuation agreements (CVA) dates, retentions, jobs and budgets. Enter subcontractor bank details accurately.
- Request and obtain information on Workers Compensation, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity, and declarations from subcontractors to ensure that all requirements are valid and in order prior to works. Co-ordinate the subcontractor claims process, ensuring that declarations accompany progress claims, claims are entered into the pending invoice system, distribution of claims and outstanding claims are followed up prior to month end or cheque run.
- Process subcontractor payments to authorisation point ensuring sign off and payment terms are correct. Draw cheques & EFTs and distribute/mail as required by deadlines. File and keep records in a neat and timely manner.
- Issue and maintain accurate registers for status of jobs and subcontractor bank guarantees.
- Handle inquiries from internal and external parties in relation to subcontractor claims, payments and retentions in a positive and professional manner.
- Support role in creditor administration, payment runs and queries. Assist the Group Finance team with any reasonable requests for assistance with ad-hoc and administrative duties required.
- Implement and support sustainability initiatives on projects and in the office. Consider the environment in the tasks relevant to your position including travel, printing, electricity usage, water usage, waste management, purchasing etc.
Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Qualifications in Administration or Accounting highly regarded
- Experience using Jobpac will be highly regarded
- 5 years+ experience in accounts payable, preferably in the construction industry
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- A high level of attention to detail particularly relating to data entry, processing and paperwork
- Understand accounting and administration timetable to ensure relevant paperwork and payments are produced accurately and on time.
We prefer to deal with you directly. To apply for this role please click on the “Apply” button.
Note to agencies: if we find we need recruitment assistance we will contact our preferred recruitment partners. Unsolicited calls and CVs will not be accepted.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.