Since our inception 30 years ago, Buildcorp has grown as a construction business founded on family values and collaborative partnerships. Our success and collaborative culture are the envy of many and our commitment to continual improvement means you will be working with the best people, projects, partnerships and processes.
Your Next Opportunity
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, your role will see you delivering accurate and timely cost planning and building estimation services on fitout, refurbishment and newbuild projects.
Your role will be responsible for:
- Preparing initial estimating assessments of tenders for tender shortlist review
- Delivering accurate and timely trade break ups of documentation, appropriate trade subcontractor selection lists, and liaising with subcontractors to ensure they have a full understanding of the required scope of works and programme
- Preparing and presenting rated and coded Bill of Quantities and/or Cost Plans for internal review
- Act as a coach and mentor to junior estimators to assist them to perform their work to the standard required and to continuously improve and develop
- Have experience estimating Design & Construct commercial new build, fitout and/or refurbishment projects
- Possess a thorough understanding of building and construction processes
- Engage with subcontractors and develop loyal and ongoing relationships through effective communication
Benefits for You
On top of joining a supportive and positive culture, you will receive:
- $299 annually to spend on your health and fitness goals
- Access to personal and financial counselling services for you and your family
- Additional paid leave options
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Access to Rugby tickets in season
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in construction or quantity surveying
- Experience estimating Design & Construct commercial fitout, refurbishment and/or newbuild projects
- Ability to engage with subcontractors and develop loyal and ongoing relationships
- A thorough understanding of the building process and reading of construction drawings to enable accurate pricing
- Ability to accurately build up reasonable and appropriate rates with available information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to present and participate confidently in internal and external meetings
We prefer to deal with you directly. To apply for this role please click on the “Apply” button, or head to our website https://www.buildcorp.com.au/careers/positions
Note to agencies: agency assistance is not required for this role. Unsolicited calls and CVs will not be accepted.
Buildcorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.