Buildcorp is a highly respected provider of integrated construction services, with operations on the eastern seaboard specialising in construction, interior fitout and refurbishment and remedial building.
Our Buildcorp Asset Solutions team offer their clients’ remedial building solution activities which include high quality repair, rehabilitation, corrosion protection and maintenance. We provide these services for a broad range of buildings and structures, in both residential and commercial markets.
In this role you will:
- Take the lead role in the promotion, management and enforcement of on-site safety, including monitoring of site safety, completion of safety administration and a proactive approach to rectification.
- Design comprehensive project programmes in Microsoft Project (or Asta Powerproject) as a tool to identify and mitigate construction risk, and produce projects that maximise productivity.
- Help develop engineered solutions on our projects and provide our clients with construction related advice.
- Manage project expenditure and cash-flow to optimise financial outcome, ensure financial processes are followed especially in regard to weekly financial reporting responsibilities.
- Administer the head contract and subcontracts, including progress claims, variation, delay and extension of time claims in a timely manner ensuring full compliance with any head contract time bars and in accordance with the Security of Payments Act.
- Manage staff effectively and lead project teams to achieve project and individual goals.
- Act as team leader throughout the tender process, provide advice on the selection of appropriate projects, develop construction methodologies that win tenders and coordinate the team efforts to deliver on-time and quality tenders.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Engineering (Civil or Structural) or Construction qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Proven ability to deliver successful construction projects up to $20m
- Strong understanding of construction techniques and the building process and constraints, particularly in technical areas associated with remedial building works
- Experience in façade and window systems advantageous
- Strong leadership capability to build and motivate teams to deliver high quality projects
- Proficiency in Jobpac and Microsoft Project is an advantage
- A thorough knowledge of BCA would be advantageous
Note to agencies: Agency assistance is not required for this role. If we find we need assistance we will contact our preferred recruitment partners. Unsolicited calls and CVs will not be accepted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and embrace the value of a diverse workforce.