Since our inception 30 years ago, Buildcorp has grown as a construction business founded on family values and collaborative partnerships. Our success and collaborative culture are the envy of many and our commitment to continual improvement means you’ll be working with the best people, projects, partnerships and processes.
Your Next Opportunity:
Our Fit out and Refurbishment Division is seeking a highly experienced Services Manager to join our team. This individual will provide expertise in the design, procurement and coordination of building services across multiple projects in addition to significant input to tender opportunities. This will include necessary liaison with Senior Management, Contracts Administration, Quality Assurance, Clients, Consultants and Subcontractors.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A trade qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering, or hold a tertiary qualification in building services engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a large second tier construction company, with experience in both new build and refurbishment projects
- Excellent client service, communication, time management and negotiation skills
- Experience with the installation, maintenance and testing of essential services, a detailed knowledge of BMS systems and a good understanding of NABERS/Greenstar services requirements
- Proven track record of services commissioning and Independent Commissioning Agent functions
- Sound understanding and application of statutory legislation including knowledge of the OHS Act, Building Code of Australia and the relevant services Australian Standards.
- Well-developed ability to identify and control risk during conversion and construction periods
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, someone who is self-motivated and organised.
- Team worker, with a willingness to help others to achieve team objectives
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical persons
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring building services design complies with specifications, Codes, Australian Standards and Regulations and client requirements.
- Overseeing the procurement, planning and execution of building services work including commissioning and defect resolution.
- Providing high level consultation on services with clients, consultants and project teams, including development of new business in services dominated projects.
- Critically reviewing building services design packages for tender opportunities and identifying value engineering initiatives for the tender bid
- Assisting the tender team with review of services documentation and assessment of services sub-contractors’ quotations.
- Developing other team member’s knowledge of services and industry standards and requirements
Benefits for You:
On top of joining a supportive and positive culture, we also offer you:
- Annual allowance to spend on your health and fitness goals
- Access to personal and financial counselling services
- Additional paid leave options
- Discounted health insurance rates with top industry providers
- A free executive gym membership
We prefer to deal with you directly. To apply for this role please click on the “Apply” button, or head to our website https://www.buildcorp.com.au/careers/positions
Note to agencies: if we find we need recruitment assistance we will contact our preferred recruitment partners. Unsolicited CVs will not be accepted.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.