National Rugby Training Centre, Ballymore
New lease of life for Ballymore
Buildcorp is partnering with Queensland Rugby Union to deliver the National Rugby Training Centre at Ballymore in Herston, Queensland. Delivered under a design and construction arrangement, the new facility will be home to the Queensland Reds and Australia’s Women’s Rugby team.
Designed by Blight Rayner Architects, the new high-performance centre boasts an integrated 3000-seat stand and will become the centrepiece of the Ballymore elite sports precinct. During the tender process, Buildcorp developed new opportunities for innovation and value creation, while identifying areas for potential savings that were incorporated into the design.
Construction of the new facility will be managed from one side to ensure that the main playing field remains operational throughout the 2022 season.
The project will include:
- Inground, civil and substructure works to ensure the building sits above flood level
- The two-storey building, topped off with large steel truss members to complete the cantilevered roof over the precast seating structure
- High-end double story lobby and auditorium space, offices and function spaces
- Multiple player locker rooms and amenities, recovery pools and high performance gym
- Upgrade of field 3 into a formal sports training field incorporating an enlarged footprint and improved drainage
- External landscaping
Queensland Rugby Union Limited
Blight Rayner Architects