Brisbane CBD Building ACP Cladding Replacement
Combustible cladding mass replacement for a prominent, fully occupied, high-rise building in Brisbane's CBD
Initially involved in an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) process to resolve access, buildability and materials handling aspects for this project, Buildcorp undertook the cladding replacement with full consideration of this fully occupied, live, CBD environment.
A fully detailed methodology was developed which included utilising a basement loading dock for all materials handling, causing minimal disruptions to building occupants by completing intrusive works at night, traffic management including road closures, daily cleaning of the site and ensuring public safety is always maintained by providing overhead gantry protection & segregation of work areas.
The scope of works included:
- Completion of cladding investigation and dilapidation survey
- Demolition/removal works related to the existing cladding, substrate and penetrations
- Rigging and staging works related to the cladding replacement, including cladding disassembly and site installation for new cladding
- Production of shop drawings and installation method for approval
- Installation of new façade cladding system as per the specification and drawings as well as the supplier statutory requirements/instructions
- Protection of existing services that may be installed behind the cladding
- Installation of temporary protective measures to shield any openings caused by cladding removal
- Testing and commissioning of the new and altered cladding system