Event Cinemas, Darwin
ECI process adds value to remote cinema complex delivery
In Buildcorp’s 7th project for client Event Hospitality & Entertainment, we headed far north to deliver a new Event Cinemas complex in Palmerston City (near Darwin), Northern Territory. Buildcorp added value in an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) process to find the best way to deliver the cinema complex fit-out in a new shopping centre including four general cinemas, two Vmax Theatres, Vmax Lounge, Candy Bar, foyer and public amenities.
Buildcorp’s early involvement in the fit-out design ensured changes throughout the project were minimised. The fit-out had many challenges including remote working, site coordination with the base builder, access constraints and delivery of materials, which takes three times longer than metropolitan projects.
Full scope of works:
- Fit-out of four General Auditorium with services by cutting into an existing ceiling and patching penetrations, walls and floor construction and finishes
- Management of Event’s subcontractors including projection equipment, speakers, seating and screens
- Fit-out of two Vmax theatres with services by cutting into an existing ceiling and patching penetrations, walls and floor construction and finishes, along with the construction of the baffle walls to the auditoriums to allow for the curved screen installation
- Construction of a walk-up Candy Bar
- Construction of back of house and manager’s area
Event Hospitality & Entertainment