Meadowbrook Medical Centre
Design and construction of the new multi-level medical centre including integrated fit-out
Positioned within an operational shopping centre, the design and construction of 2,290m² Meadowbrook Medical Centre provide ample space for medical and retail tenants.
Built across two levels; the base building consists of precast concrete, in situ and blockwork walls, post-tensioned concrete slabs and steel framed roofing. The building also features full-height windows, architectural metal blades, CFC wall cladding/soffits and Colourbond cladding/roofing.
Key challenges included:
• Safe management of public travel paths.
• Extensive coordination with shopping centre, adjacent childcare centre and Energex with close proximity to existing powerlines.
• Structural redesign and resequencing of methodology to accommodate extensive inclement weather period.
• Detailed coordination between structural steel and façade elements to achieve curvature of façade.
• Cantilevered planter awnings.
UQ Health Fit-Out (Ground Floor)
The integrated fit-out incorporated tailored building services for anchoring tenant UQ Health, and provides consulting and treatment rooms, staff rooms, boardroom, reception and patient waiting areas. By simultaneously executing the fit-out works alongside base building construction, Buildcorp were able to provide significant cost efficiencies for our client. The services design was integrated to suit the fitout design, with the benefit of eliminating redundant work and providing programme efficiencies.
Horwell Property Investments/UQ Health