Transurban Brisbane HQ
Consolidation of suburban satellite offices to CBD location during the peak of COVID lockdown
The non-integrated fitout of Transurban’s new Queensland Headquarters provides a stately new space for staff to enjoy open, nature-inspired meeting and quiet rooms, collaboration spaces, open workstation zones, breakout, training, and presentation spaces and a state-of-the-art technology services hub.
Spanning the top three levels of the newly constructed office tower in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD, this project was delivered in a highly frequented live environment during the coronavirus pandemic. Despite numerous construction restrictions, safety precautions and importation challenges, the project delivered beyond expectation, such as the successful procurement of curved décor, acoustic wall panelling from Europe.
Furthermore, the project was delivered on time and to the highest of quality standards.
Key Features and challenges of the project included:
- Construction of the largest office video wall in Australia for the main foyer.
This was manufactured with precision to fit the 20m length space between lift entries with zero tolerance.
- Curved, double-sided acoustic glazing and partition walls featured in most rooms.
This required 3D floor scanning and 3D design coordination.
- Installation of a weather station on the building roof that automatically adjusting office blinds during the day.
- Agile methodology allowed early handover of all communications room to provide the client early access
- Extensive coordination with base builder to eliminate the requirement for umbilicals
- Detailed planning to coordinate partitions with façade mullions and blind modifications
- Polished concrete flooring to the main entry and breakout areas requiring significant remediation
- Installation of new inter-tenancy stairs provide connectivity to all three floors
- Void areas and optimum ceiling space offers expanded spatiality
- Double height ceiling spaces including exposed features ceilings to the entry and break out areas
- Over 5000 plants installed within custom elevated planters with some hanging four meters in the air, suspended from the roof slab