As an awarded ‘Employer of Choice’ Buildcorp invests in our people with development and career opportunities. Buildcorp’s Cadet Program aims to create a pipeline of talented construction professionals that align with our collaborative culture, our passion for continuous improvement and our drive for quality and safety.
From day one, a Buildcorp cadet works shoulder to shoulder with industry experts, receiving strong direction and exposure to a range of projects. We don’t view cadets as a ‘spare pair of hands’; we take your development seriously and help you contribute to the growth of the organisation. Put simply, you will develop outstanding skills, by learning from the best.
What is the Buildcorp Cadet Program?
We offer a three year development opportunity that provides a range of practical on-the-job learning and formal training prospects. The program includes rotations within different teams and areas of the business unit including: estimating, on-site contracts administration and site supervision. The rotational program is designed to:
- Accelerate your development through depth and variety of experiences – building out your technical skills in your area of interest
- Ensure that you are given meaningful, challenging work throughout the program
- Help you find the role that you want at the end of the program
You will work alongside diverse industry-leading teams that offer a wealth of experience and knowledge sharing opportunities so you will continue to learn more every day.
Apply for the Cadet Program
Our successful cadets will start each year in the first week of January and the application period for these intakes will be three months prior. To apply during that timeframe, visit the cadet listing on our Jobs Portal. PLEASE NOTE: applications will not be accepted outside of the above timeframes.
Cadet Program benefits
Our Program offers a range of benefits, starting with:
- One paid day of study leave each week
- Paid exam and pre-exam study time
- 1-on-1 interactions throughout each year with the Managing Director and Principal of Buildcorp
- A structured program to self-manage your learning through each section of the business
- Promotion opportunities at the end of the program
Click here to see all of the Buildcorp staff benefits cadets can access.
Who is the ideal candidate?
The ideal Cadet Program candidate is a student in their second year of a construction, engineering, quantity surveying, building design, trade or building related qualification. You will also have a credit average and be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.