Our mission is to be a ‘uniting force for good’ in our projects, operations, and community
Since 2021 Buildcorp has been committed to the UN Global Compact corporate responsibility initiative and its principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-corruption. Our mission is to be a sustainable business that is a ‘uniting force for good’ in our projects, operations, and community.
Through alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals and as a participant in the SDG Ambition Accelerator program, we recognise that the social and environmental challenges faced by communities, the impact it has on business, and the role we can play in advancing these objectives. This understanding is underpinned by stable growth over the last 30 years, bolstered by strong governance and industry leading systems, ensuring our viability to manage risk and protect people from harm.
We embrace innovation and partnering to reduce our environmental impact, as we walk the talk with our own workspaces and support our clients to deliver ambitious environmental outcomes.
- Industry ‘firsts’ in WELL, NABERS, LEEDS and Green Star projects
- Carbon neutral construction options
- Proactive waste and resource management to achieve 90%+ waste recycling
Health and wellbeing
We create physically and psychologically safe workplaces for our employees, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Proactive Safety System: delivering consistent annual reductions in LTIFR
- Benefits: salary continuance insurance, flexible work and leave options and wellbeing subsidies
- Mental health focus: Employment Assistance Program (EAP) and mental health training
Diversity and inclusion
We celebrate and encourage cultural diversity and develop strategic initiatives to create opportunities for Indigenous and female participation.
- 50% female owned & 50/50 gender balance in our cadet program
- Participation in industry and education advocacy programs
- Sponsors of Women’s rugby pathway and Ravenswood Australian Women’s Art Prize
- Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan to create opportunity and cultural understanding
- 28% Indigenous participation in apprenticeships
- Sponsorships that provide Indigenous opportunity in rugby and the arts
We put community support at the core of our purpose and work with partners to make a positive and lasting impact in the
communities in which we operate.
- Worksites inject $5m into local economies
- Our Buildcorp Foundation has invested $2.45m into mental health & suicide prevention
- Community site tours and education initiatives on our projects
- Local sponsorships and fundraising
We have been passionate of grassroots rugby since 1992 and offer sponsorships, mentoring, cadetships and scholarships for the men and women of the clubs, teams and competitions we support.
We commit to a secure base of robust systems, good governance, and a strong balance sheet. We engage early to address supply chain risks including environmental and Modern Slavery.