Valley Metro Redevelopment
Large scale retail refurbishment connected to one of Brisbane’s busiest train stations
The Valley Metro Retail Centre is located above the Fortitude Valley Train Station in Brisbane; a key transport hub that connects commuters daily. In 2020, the centre commenced an exciting new, major retail refurbishment, engaging Buildcorp to undertake the following scope of works:
• Upgrade to Brunswick Street entry including new awning
• New floor and ceiling finishes, central seating area and new, high-level shopfront glazing
• New roof sheeting, insulation and cladding to building
• All necessary services works and upgrades to support the development
• Structural works below retail level to support the development
• New Woolworths Metro warm shell fit-out and BWS tenancy
• New retail outlets
• Repurposing and repositioning of existing tenancies.
Challenges faced during contracted works included:
• Managing commuter access to one of Brisbane’s busiest train stations through a series of COVID-Safe pedestrian tunnels throughout the construction site, connecting access to the train platforms.
• Extensive planning and coordination of works to align with limited QR track closures for works below slab.
• Collaborative stakeholder communication including centre management, tenants and QR.
La Salle Investment Management